Your shopping cart is empty!
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
To give authentic and up to date information to general public in India and abroad,on topics of national importance. This is done by:
• Publishing books and periodicals on matters of national importance in the spheres of Economy, History, Art & Culture Heritage, Gandhian, Biographies of national leaders and Children’s literature etc. at reasonable price to facilitate wider access to people.
• Publish Selected Speeches of Presidents and Prime Ministers of India to serve as a repository of thoughts at the highest levels of state and govt. for the future generations to read and imbibe.
• Publish Employment News weekly in Hindi, English and Urdu to publicize job opportunities in the Central and State Government organizations including Public Sector Undertakings.
• To publish Yojana, a journal on developmental activities in 13 major languages besides, Ajkal, a literary magazine in Hindi and Urdu and Bal Bharti, a magazine for children. Another magazine – Kurukshetra, devoted to rural development published in Hindi and English. • Intent to enter in the field of e-books.
• To ensure wider reach of our publications and hence govt. policies and programmes, through organizing and participating in Book Exhibitions in India & abroad and organize events/competitions etc., through an integrated marketing action plan.
Providing books, journals, and CDs through our Sales Emporia located at
• Soochana Bhavan, CGO Complex Lodi Road New Delhi Tel. no. 24365610
• Hall No. 196, Old Secretariat, Delhi Tel. No. 23890205
• ‘A’ Wing, F-Block, Ground Floor, Rajaji Bhavan, Besant Nagar, Chennai Tel. No. 044- 24917673
• 8, Esplanade East, Kolkotta Tel. No. 033 – 22488030
• B-701, C Wing, 7th Floor, Kendriya Sadan, CBD Belapur, Navi Mumbai - 400614 Tel. No. 022-27570686
• Block no.4, First Floor, Gruhakalpa Complex, M.G. Road, Hyderabad – 500001. Tel. No. 040 – 24605383
• IInd floor, Hall no.1, Kendriya Bhavan, Sector H, Aliganj, Lucknow – 226024. Tel. No. 0522-2325455
• Press Road, Near Govt. Press, Thiruvananthapuram – 695001. Tel. No. 0471 - 2330650 Feeder Stores, CGO Complex, NH-IV, NIT, Near KC Cinema, Faridabad, Haryana Tel.No.0129-2413702
Our commitments to our Clients
• Book Buyers - provide quality Books on issues of national interest at affordable price.
• Subscribers of Journals - We will process the request for subscription for Journals, within four weeks after receiving the subscription.
• Authors - Publication of books within 8-10 months of acceptance of manuscripts, timely payment of royalty to our authors. Publication of books on subjects such as Indian philosophy, culture, history, freedom struggle, land and people, flora and fauna, art and architecture, popular science and technology, media and communication, sports and games, health and nutrition, folk literature, economy and polity, environment, disaster management, women’s empowerment personalities and other areas which may be covered under the objectives mentioned above. Helping employment seekers by publishing employment opportunities through the weekly “employment News.
• Distributors - Timely supply of Books and Journals on demand as per terms of agreements.
Expectations from our Readers
• Prompt feedback from the readers about the quality of contents, presentation, timely publication, wider & easy availability, improvement of websites.
• Suggestions for new titles & improvements of existing books market trend advice on books & journals, from time to time.
• Authors wishing to publish book through Publications Division can send proposal by email or post. The proposal should be on topics which are consistent with our objectives viz. subjects encompassing various aspects of India’s heritage, community life, science and fine arts and development. Suggestions for improvement of services.
Book Prices and Subscription Charges
• Our books are sold at a reasonable price with special discounts during exhibitions and special occasions at all sales counters. For bulk order for distributors we give the special discounts:
Grievances may be addressed to:-
Ms. Shubha Gupta
Additional Director General
7th Floor, Soochna Bhavan, Lodhi Road,
New Delhi – 110 003.
Phone : 24369422
If you are not satisfied with our reply or action taken on your complaint, you may send your grievance to:-
Joint Secretary (Grievances)
Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi – 110 001.